Dr Michael J. Lim is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, who is a fellowship trained joint replacement specialist. Dr Lim specializes in joint replacements of the hip, knee and shoulder and uses a conservative approach to treat patients with joint pain to help restore and maintain their active life styles in a personalized manner. Surgically, Dr Lim performs the gamut of total hip and total knee replacements--from straight forward primary surgeries to infections and revisions. Patients seek him out for his extensive experience with the anterior approach for hip replacements, 3D customized shoulder and knee replacements, and robotic surgery.
Dr Lim is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and International Congress for Joint Reconstruction and continually is updated in cutting edge advancements and technology to help his patients.
What Makes You Different?
Dr Lim uses a personalized conservative approach to best maximize treatment benefits while reducing treatment risks. Dr Lim is dedicated to explaining complex medical issues in the best way so that anyone can understand. Dr Lim enjoys educating and motivating patients so that can win in life and live life fully.
What are Your Favorite Activities to Do in Your Free Time?
Dr Lim enjoys spending time with his wife, son and daughter. He enjoys cooking, grilling/BBQ and golfing. He strives and fights in the struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle with biking (Peloton) and biking.
2907 Chanticleer Ave, 1st Floor, Santa Cruz CA 95065. Phone (831) 477-2325
Medical Education & Training
- Medical School: UC San Diego
- Internship: LA County Hospital/ USC - Orthopaedic Surgery
- Residency: LA County Hospital/ USC - Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship(s): Scripps Green Hospital - Lower Extremity Reconstruction Fellowship
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- J Arthroplasty 2017 Aug;32(8):2386-2389. Carbon Dioxide Exposure Resulting From Hood Protective Equipment Used in Joint Arthroplasty Surgery. Suhani Patel, Janelle M Fine, Michael J Lim, Steven N Copp, Adam S Rosen, John B West, G Kim Prisk
- J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2016 Nov;25(11):1839-1847. Fresh osteochondral allograft transplantation for osteochondritis dissecans of the capitellum in baseball players. Raffy Mirzayan, Michael J Lim
- Muscle Nerve 2014 May;49(5):709-15. doi: 10.1002/mus.23983. Epub 2014 Jan 28. Systematic test of neurotoxin dose and volume on muscle function in a rat model. Jonah B Hulst, Viviane B Minamoto, Michael Lim, Shannon N Bremner, Samuel R Ward, Richard L Lieber.
- Dev Med Child Neurol. 2007 Dec;49(12):907-14. Increased efficacy and decreased systemic-effects of botulinum toxin A injection after active or passive muscle manipulation. Viviane B Minamoto 1, Jonah B Hulst, Michael Lim, William J Peace, Shannon N Bremner, Samuel R Ward, Richard L Lieber